Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 03:59 AM   #2181 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Both of those are decent sides though (one of which is still in the middle of a pretty hefty transition), as evidenced by one of them beating (and outplaying) Chelsea and Villa and the other beating Man U - a tag I wouldn't credit Pompey, Hull, Bolton or Wolves with (a good win over Spurs aside). Plus the latics are only 5 points off the top 10 and therefore in about as much danger as anyone else in the bottom 10.

To sum up, once again, I see absolutly no cause for concern.
When most people pick their choices to go down around this time of the year, more often than not its the teams that are actually in the bottom 3 already, quite often teams not in there are the ones that go down. Nearly all the teams in the premiership have a decent squad of players anyway, and those that have weaker squads such as Burnley and Wolves for example, rely on home form, teamwork and spirit etc (even though both of these have some very good players: Eagles, Milijas etc) The key quite often is the manager and this is certainly the case with Martinez at Wigan and Brown at Hull, again Brown is a plucky character and may just be able to do enough to keep Hull up, it also depends how well key players such as Bullard performs (Not sure if he`s playing after his injury/or how long he`s out as I haven`t checked up on Hull recently) and getting lazy players such as Geovanni to perform and of course they have a great player in Hunt as well. West Ham are like Wigan but with a better squad of players and Zola is a great manager when the team is confident as like last season but I don`t think he`s the man for a dogfight at the bottom, but they have more quality player for player than some of their relegation comrades.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote