Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #1789 (permalink)
cayenneman
Groupie

Default Turn me on to some new/old music.

Im looking for someone to turn me onto some new bands or some old bands that I may not have heard of. I am big into rock and roll with a blues emphasis. I like soulfull lead vocals, Hammond B-3 organ/Fender Rhoades, honkey tonk piano, slide guitar, and of course drums and bass. Some of the stuff Im into is Beatles, Stones, Allmans, Tower of Power, Neville Bros., The Boss, Derek and the Dominos, SRV, Hendrix, The Band, Stevie Wonder, Steely Dan, Beach Boys, Van Morrison, CCR, Doobies, early Chicago, Kansas, Joe ****er, Pink Floyd, etc. Im also big into Funk ie, P-Funk, James Brown, Maceo, Deep Banana Blackout, and soul/Motown/R&B ie, Solomon Burke, Wilson Picket, Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, and Aretha. If anyone knows any younger bands that fit into this style, or some older bands that fit this style that I may not have heard of, turn me on. Im dying to find some undiscovered gems for my collection. Thanks!
cayenneman is offline   Reply With Quote