Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #1790 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Looks like you pretty much know your music dude, why don't you try searching for stuff by yourself? You could type into Google "soul blog" "progressive rock blog". You could make an account on Pandora.com. You could go onto Wikipedia and look up the side projects of your favorite bands. Also this web site is pretty much loaded with music you haven't heard, just search around, and whenever you hear a suggestion- just youtube it. If you like it, find the album and give it a download.

Welcome to Music Banter by the way, hopefully you'll decide to stick around and see what you'd be missing if you took off and never came back in the next five minutes like so many other people who start these kinds of threads do.

I went through every page of this: Long list of bands people are into

There is some great music in this forum if you're willing to look: Member Journal's I would suggest looking up The CellerTapes, Gavin B., Anteater, and Comus. They have all made signature threads. Also Bulldog has a sick 100 albums list and Right-Track has a Member Journal with tons of cool Northern Soul, and ToeAndo has a great Soul Compilation somewhere around here. Check out Gavin B's 100 reggae songs in the Editor's Pick, where there is all kinds of great shit.

What I'm saying is this, don't ask the forum on your first post to jump down here when you'll probably never come back and give you artists... even though I did. Instead, use the forum to find music and get to know everyone on the way. If the reason you're here is to find new stuff cause you're bored, stay around you'll always have a solution to that.

Here's a great youtube channel: Jazz/soul funk

There's this: Soul Jazz Records

And try out some African Music in this great blog.

Hope I helped,
-Schizotypic.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote