Music Banter - View Single Post - The Vinyl Collector's Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
shellyboy9
Groupie

Default Certif1ed talks sense

Hot damn, another bunch of vinyl lovers. Keep giving solid advice Certif1ed, your caring is much appreciated around here. I've been collecting vinyl for almost 25 years and I finally reached my bin busting capacity at around 7,000. Over the years I've met people with upwards of 10x as much. People love and collect many different genre's. As the years pass one tends to narrow and refine the scope of one's purchases, but that's understandable. As your interests change you start to run through genre's. I've also been an audiophile for about the same amount of time. Recommending the Project Debut 3 was an excellent entry level choice. As you move up in turntables however, the plug-in cartridge is no longer desirable since this interface is another connection, another barrier, between you and the music (the less the better). The plug-in also doesn't allow proper alignment in the vertical (azimuth) and horizontal (overhang) domains. All of this becomes audible as you spend more on your front end (turntable). Garbage in, garbage out. It's all about the audible difference that makes a difference.
shellyboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote