Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #999 (permalink)
Dieselboy
Music Addict

From RezZ:
Hermano - Only a Suggestion

It's an alright cover. I'm thinking either RezZ didn't realize it was a cover theme or else I am really missing something. Probably the latter. It's whatever though, cause the music is what's really important in the end, and this is some really really good music.

Hermano is completely new to me. Never heard them or even read of them, so I was going in completely fresh. I put it in mediamonkey and the genre came up as 'stoner rock'. Ok, ok, nice.

The first song came on and, I'll be completely honest and admit, I wasn't digging this at first. The opener to me sounded alot like straight ahead grunge or something from Audioslave maybe. I was a little put off as I'm not a big fan of either of these, and in the end I think this was probably my least favorite tune on here.

As it continued though I found myself starting to enjoy this album more and more. Somewhere between the second and third song, in my head, they started sounding less like Audioslave and more like old Corrosion of Conformity...a band I DO enjoy. The guitars sounded really fuzzy, and there was some really cool solo's. I liked the singers style as well, as he didn't really stand out and try to put himself in front of the music, but there was quite a few times where his intensity and emotion made you take notice. It was only 8 songs long, so it definitely didn't overstay its welcome either.

Just listened to it a second time through as I was writing this. I think my favorite songs here would be Senor Moreno's Plan (cool cool intro), Manager's Special and Nick's Yeah.

I could easily see myself checking out more from these guys and calling myself a fan in the future. So thx for sending this at me RezZ.
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote