Music Banter - View Single Post - Wilco
Thread: Wilco
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #67 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveissucide View Post
Making a compilation of Wilco songs for my housemate who dosn't see what the fuss is. in the heated argument that followed a friendship was badly damaged due to his ignorance of dismissing a band he's never given more than a cursory listen to( and that was Sky Blue Sky at that). As an attempt to bridge this chasm that has formed between us,I'm making a Wilco compilation for him to show him the error of his Wilco-ignoring ways. Any suggestions?
Thus far I'm including:
Misunderstood
Can't Stand It
Via Chicago
Heavy Metal Drummer
Jesus Etc
Spiders(Kidsmoke)
Impossible Germany
Company In My Back
Bull Black Nova
I'll Fight
You And I
Dreamer in My Dreams
Handshake Drugs
Kamera
Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway (Again)
I Got You At The End Of The Century.
You've got a great list going there already. Also, personally I wouldn't include Via Chicago as it's not one of my favorites, but that's just me. I didn't read through this thread to see what others picked, but some other favorites of mine:

Outtasite (Outta Mind)
Sunken Treasure (a personal favorite, I don't know how appreciated it is among others)
She's a Jar
I'm Always in Love
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
Ashes of American Flags
I'm the Man Who Loves You
The Late Greats
Wilco (The Song)
You Never Know

Also best album: I'm torn between Being There, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and Summerteeth. I think I'll go with Being There just because I think it's the best album even if it doesn't have the best quality songs. A Ghost is Born is good but that one 15 minute song Less Than You Think completely takes away from the great closing song, The Late Greats, and kind of ruins the album a bit. I'd say A Ghost is Born has the best individual songs, but as a whole it's not as good as the other 3 I mentioned.

Anyone else think Sky Blue Sky is by and far their worst album? For some reason I've never been a big fan of it, I even like A.M. better.

Last edited by midnight rain; 01-02-2010 at 07:54 AM.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote