Music Banter - View Single Post - Diary of an Indie Kid
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
FaSho
____

Default Diary of an Indie Kid

I wanted to start a blog with this idea, but figured i'd try it out with you guys to see if it was any good first. Not neccasarily about music directly, so feel free to move this to the lounge if neccasary. There will be some reviews, there will be some not-reviews. That's the best introduction I can give, just go with it.

DAY 1: REVELATION
Style: Memoir
Setting: Highschool Cafeteria
It was a few days before Halloween, I was eating lunch with a few of my friends, I had pizza like I do everyday, which probably contributes to the unbearable amount of acne that regularly makes a home all over my face. After angering and/or amusing my tablemates with my witty take on current events, religion, women, and the latest music craze, it came time to make a very important decision. We were debating what to do on 31st, would we go to a party? Go trick-or-treating? Just stay in, play Halo, and listen to mc chris all night? Even though the latter was what ended up happening, at the time we all wanted to dress up that was for sure. Group costume ideas that were thrown out: Pokemon, Rocky, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Yu-Gi-Oh. We came to a conclusion: Indie kids. We spent the rest of our lunch period laughing at indie stereotypes. Next block, in my history class, I got thinking about what I could do to really go all out with this costume. Then it hit me. I worriedly looked down at my faux-flannel shirt, tight pants, and iPod playing 'Crown of Love' by Arcade Fire, and came to the alarming conclusion that I am what I loved to tease the most. I spent the rest of the day in utter denial. Asking questions to complete strangers like 'Hey do I look like the type of person that quotes Animal Collective for my facebook status?' did not help. The few competent people(as in people who knew who Animal Collective are)'s answers horrified me. When I came home, I frantically scanned my iTunes collection, trying to find something that could prove this theory wrong. Any Metallica? No, Instead I found Morrissey. Grateful Dead? No, Grizzly Bear. There was nothing to solidify my claim that i was not in fact, Indie. But alas, I decided it was best to come to terms with this revelation, so I put on The Antler's Hospice...and cried.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote