Music Banter - View Single Post - Dieselboy? Who's Dieselboy?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dieselboy
Music Addict

Default Dieselboy? Who's Dieselboy?!'s Journal

So yeah, who am I? I donno...just a guy.

More Info:

I've wanted to make a journal for awhile now, but really had no idea how to make it clever in any way, or even what to do for that all important 1st post. I wanna draw people in, but after racking my brain for interesting ways to start I haven't come up with much. I'm just going to say, "screw it" and dive right in.

As far as what you will find in here...I suppose it won't be anything too different than most journals. I'll be doing mostly reviews of albums I've recently picked up, with a few old favorites and artists tossed in if I get bored. I think this journal will be a little more current or cutting edge than most though, as I tend to look forward to newly released music, as opposed to the majority here who tend to dig and sort through older releases.

I DO love radio shows. As far as I'm concerned they are the best place to find new music I enjoy, and so I listen to quite a few weekly shows, usually 4 - 6 a week. I may discuss some of those as well. I might even just write some random essays if I have a gripe or praise for something that I can't link you to directly.

My Tastes:

My tastes aren't as eclectic as some on MB. I do appreciate all types of music though, and make it a rule to never discount anything without listening. Here is my pie chart that Tore (thx again) made for me in the Music Taste thread:

^This is still pretty accurate. As you can see, my main passion is Electronica and its millions of sub-genres. Lately though that small slice of Hip-Hop has been growing and the Metal slice has shrunk a bit I suppose. I'm only linking that so people might have an idea what to expect here, as my journal won't have any specific direction or theme...just a random mess most likely. Ok, here goes...
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote