Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Journey into the Unknown
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
I decided to listen to Modest Mouse because I’ve heard a lot about them as well.
I’m going to try this one without talking only about the vocals. Bands deserve a chance as a whole.

The Horn Intro was definitely a surprise! I have no idea what I’m in for now, but I’m most definitely excited.
I like the simplicity of the guitar part at the beginning of The World At Large, something anyone could come up with, but it’s well harmonized. ^_^ I like how the background vocals are almost a call and response with the main vocals.
Of course, I love the keyboard instrument. A Vibraphone, if I’m not mistaken… which is one of my main instruments, how beautiful. [=
As NumberNineDream said, it’s very easy on the ears, and I’m really enjoying listening to this, it’s something I can listen to over and over.
And I LOVE how the sound at the end sounds like a broken tape, but even that has a little fitting progression of it’s own.

The third song, Float On I’ve heard already, I think. I like it a lot. I feel like my daddy would like it, hehe, maybe I’ll have him listen to this later. :3
The multiple people at the chorus sounds a little weird to me, but I’m never a fan of things like that. There’s a song on 30 Seconds to Mars’ new CD with a bunch of people singing, and I don’t like that either. >.> Just to give an example. But I definitely still like the song.

Dance Hall makes me want to dance. Not going to lie.
Ohh, I love how Bukowski starts, I like that it’s slow and that the accent is on the upbeat. I think it’s going to be one of my favourites.
Ohh, the Horn Intro is in This Devil’s Workday.

I’m almost done with the album, and I can’t wait to get the Wi-Fi finally, because I definitely want to download this.

I’m on the last song The Good Times Are Killing Me, and the album took me longer to listen to ‘cause I had a hiatus for dinner, but I honestly loved it. Towards the end, it seems like there are more slow, chill songs. It’s a peculiar, but surprisingly GENIUS way to end an album, in my opinion.
Good choice.
Can't wait to own this album. [=
Thank you, Shizotypic.
[=

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote