Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Journey into the Unknown
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 12:05 AM   #50 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Glad you liked that album, it was one of my firsts. Just keep an eye out on that list of mine, they're all pretty good albums all though a few may take just a tad more spins then this did to hit ya. Who knows, maybe not, they all hit me pretty easy.

I'd suggest that Gram Rabbit album next, it's pretty good but odd. Also it's pretty accessible, and was again one of the firsts things I found that I liked. My next two choices out of the bunch would be the Tears For Fears album or The Murder City Devils one. Both easy listening but again both pretty good and have something interesting about them.

I'm sure there's going to be stuff in your journey that rubs ya the wrong way at first but those are usually the things, in my experience, after a while I end-up loving the most about the album and also the things that make them good even a year later. Also those rough spots for me are usually the things that eventually end-up opening my taste up, widening my acceptance, and letting me really enjoy truly great albums that I wouldn't have been able to enjoy otherwise. It's a slow but fulfilling process and should never be forced but rather not even be acknowledged- it's much better to enjoy it while it is happening by simply keeping an open mind and letting the music get to ya. Music is so fucking amazing when the time is just right.

Last edited by Schizotypic; 01-03-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote