Music Banter - View Single Post - The Smiths
Thread: The Smiths
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #231 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieasleep View Post
this charming man didn't hit you immeadiately? i feel like its one of the smiths catchiest and most accessible tunes. and hatful hollows, and the rest of compilations are great because morrissey remastered the tracks himself and improved a lot of them (imo)
Well, i'd been listening to the Queen Is Dead (yeah, i listened to that one first) and then i decided i'd get The Smiths. The first song blew me away, and it got multiple listens right away. The next few are undeniably good, but my mind must've been elsewhere when i heard them. I'm not even sure if i got to This Charming Man in the first listen. But when i did give it a listen it did strike me as a great song, and so did What Difference Does It Make and Hand In Glove (along with others). So i wasn't very clear in what i said i guess :P
Suffer Little Children was also a mind blower when i gave it a true listen, and i've been getting more and more into the other tracks xD
About the whole compilation thing, i do like Hatful Of Hollows a lot, but i feel Reel Around The Fountain sounds much worse than in the original album.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote