Music Banter - View Single Post - 2012
Thread: 2012
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #493 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I'm seriously losing all respect I ever had for History Channel. As if focusing on stuff like bigfoot and UFOs wasn't bad enough, this weekend has been nothing but end of the world stuff.

People bring up how there are "diverse" cultures of people besides the Mayan's who believe 2012 holds some kind of significance and yet nobody can drop any names in particular or explain why they are valid sources.

I hate the History channel, they have gotten carried away with this stuff, and I'm tired of all these douches who believe that somehow all these ancient civilizations know more about astronomy and the fate of mankind than we do which is just retarded, and yet at the same time they focus a lot of time airing programs about dumbasses who can't accept that many human achievements were indeed human achievements and that maybe they didn't need the assistance of a higher power like god or aliens.

"Oh gee, those pyramids were quite challenging to make, which must mean aliens made them for us, durrrr"

Sure, it's not like they had a sh*tload of jew slaves or anything.

Dude, I feel your pain. I used to LOVE the History channel, Discovery, all that. Now the educational television scene is so overpopulated with extreme-environmentalist doom bias and ridiculous viewer-hooking monster shows that I could probably learn something more useful and intelligent by watching Spongebob and figuring out aquatic life by it.

With the exception of Planet Earth, the Universe series, and some other stuff from BBC that comes on, the rest of it has gone down the drain. It's saddening.