Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #1306 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
something which is sad about Resident Evil 4 is the ridiculous PC port. It doesn't even come with mouse support.

I also have to say I don't like how so much of the difficulty of the game comes from the fact it's got rather ****ty controls overall. For example - although you get quickly get used to it, the inability of the characters for example to sidestep in order to peer around corners is quite puzzling at first. Usually, you don't know what's really in a room until you've walked well in and then turned around .. which is just stupid.
Sh*ttty controls? Really?

You need not confuse not being able to do everything with bad controls, there is a difference. Sidestepping isn't really all that necessary in RE4, it's not a stealth based game, you just come out at enemies and whack them out, it's a lot more straightforward than other games in the series. As for not always knowing when something sneaks up on you, personally I think that adds to the suspense, it is a horror themed game after all.

I think RE4 has some of the best controls of it's genre, certainly the best in the series.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote