Music Banter - View Single Post - Funniest songs you have ever heard?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselboy View Post

Guttermouth - Baker's Dozen

A song about how stupid all the "cores" can be in labeling punk bands. I think some people on these boards would appreciate it. Its even got the lyrics in the video to follow along more easily!
This Guttermouth song made me chuckle the most, Dieselboy, especially when the singer starts to blubbler, "Should I be emo and just cry?" and later says, "Sober vegans you all suck." It made me wonder: are there a lot of vegans in the punk rock scene? Poor vegans. Always getting flack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
As if the song wasn't already bad enough, it was coupled with this farcical video. The breakdown near the end is hilarious... take note of the bassist's facial spasm at 2:43, the drummer's eyebrow contortions at 2:50 and the best part at 2:57 where the bassist is so emotionally overcome that he's on the verge of bursting into tears.

Haha! I did laugh out loud and even teared up at 2:57 when the bassist appears so emotionally overcome. Anytime the skeletons pop up and look around made me smile, too. I wonder, though, was this song/video intended to be funny? They look so much like serious metal bands where singers swing their hair around (which I always find comical), that I wasn't sure if they were trying to be funny. Any song that repeats "hearts on fire" so many times couldn't possibly be serious, could it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSize View Post
I'm on a boat! This song makes me laugh every time..
Oh, that one did make me laugh, too. I like when the guy sings about his flip flops and nautical theme clothing. Very cute. And that poor disappointed guy left at home! Quite a slick video, really.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote