Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #3713 (permalink)
Ronnie Jane Devo
moon shoes

1. How did you let in the New Year?
Meditated by candlelight. No joke. I prefer to do something personal on NYE, not get drunk, stare at a TV screen and jump in the air at midnight like a lot of people.

2. What are your hopes for 2010?
That I:
* Travel to Europe
* Start recording music
* Get a new (i.e. real) job
* Get a girlfriend

The first two I already have the money/means for. The second two are pretty up in the air of course.

3. On reflection, what was your personal highlight of 2009?
Learning web development and making my first website. Greatest personal project I've ever done.

4. Your favourite album of 2009?
I guess Them Crooked Vultures, but that may also be the only 2009 album I've listened to, lol.

5. If you could turn back time what would you change about something that happened last year?
Honestly I can't think of any serious regret for the year, aside from maybe not putting out more job applications (but ~50 was a pretty good number anyway). Overall 2009 went pretty well. All I can really think of are things that didn't happen that I would've liked to, which isn't terribly noteworthy.

6. In 2010 I predict...
That people will start pronouncing the years as "twenty-ten", "twenty-eleven" etc. again, like in the '90s. Even in 2000 it pissed me off to no end that the common pronunciation changed to "two-thousand, two-thousand one, two-thousand two..." So cumbersome and irritating. Thank god that's over with.