Music Banter - View Single Post - The Photography Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #471 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
why would your/peoples thoughts change on the city? Are you moving there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Yeah, why after February?
In February the 2010 Winter Olympics start and Vancouver is the host city. It's all I heard about while I was up there, but the funny thing was almost all of it was negative. Nobody I know is looking forward to having to try and work and live when 20 bajillion foreigners come to town. A few people I know are actually planning on going out of town for either the full 16 days or as much of it as they can get off/ afford. A lot of the public servants who are being given special pins, vests, hats, etc. to wear during the two weeks are fogging it on ebay to make a little extra cash and make a point. It's a very controversial issue (and for good reason) because Vancouver is a very beautiful city with a very ugly underbelly which a lot of the world doesn't know about. Anyways, I went off on a bit of a tangent there, here's a few more pictures:

I think this was the one that was fully zoomed in. I wish I had a more powerful camera with at least 10 mega pixels, but I'm really starting to warm up to this one.

Took this one out on the back deck in the morning while out having a smoke.

Canada Place... not quite as cool looking as Sydney's Symphony Hall, but still cool in it's own way.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote