Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post
I used to have such a big problem with ghosts when I was around 13 to the point where it basically controlled my life.

I had always had problems with ghosts before then and when I was in maybe 4th grade went to therapy because of them. I can remember it starting in 2nd grade where I had a nightmare. In the dream I was at my cousins house and there was a big family party. My Dad had to step outside into the night to take a phone call and I decided to go out with him for whatever reason. He went in and left me out there and from the darkness this figure emerged. It was a lady without a face in a brown dress. I can remember waking up immediately in a cold sweat and running into my parents room.
I began to see that lady whom I saw in that dream in other places along with seeing more ghosts. There had always been about 3 that were reoccurring in my old house.

When I moved to the current house I live in when I was 13 it all kind of came back to me. The house is about 50 years old and has 12 acres. Having 12 acres where I live is pretty rare. Anyway when I got here I started to see a new set of ghosts which freaked me out to the point where I would refuse to be left home alone and needed someone close by in the house at all times.

I went to therapy once again but it wasn't only for the ghosts this time, I had really bad anxiety problems and I've come to the conclusion that both times when I had problems with the ghosts it was due to my anxieties because now that my anxieties are fully conquered I don't see any.

But I believe in ghosts. I'm not sure how much those situations influenced my opinion but from further reading I came to the conclusion. Usually when I try to explain my opinion on it in tends to not make any sense so I'm not sure how far I want to get into it. It always sounds better in my head.

I would explain it myself but due to the fact that when I do explain my feelings on this matter it tends to sound really far fetched.

I really want to make it known that I don't base my opinions off of this youtube video, I don't agree with everything he is saying. I could go into great detail about his book but I just think the easiest way for me to explain is to just show this.

I was kind of reluctant to post in this thread, and post the video, because I think I'm going to take some heat because people may think I completely base my theories off of a youtube video but that is not the case at all. I just want to make it clear.

If ghosts do exist I agree that it would be a big relief and I also think that it kind of makes sense that ghosts exist.
don't feel apprehensive about posting that kind of stuff...i love to hear about it. in fact, i have done a lot of thinking on the topic myself.

i think people who experience more "ghostly encounters" are people who are either born receptive to it or people who have experienced anxiety or a very stressful time. i don't know why, but maybe experiencing something so emotionally deep causes some subconscious expansion of perception. for example, the roommate i talked about had no experiences until he got back from iraq...now he has them all the time.

have you ever done any reading on near death experiences? it is highly enlightening, and has shaped a lot of what i think happens when we die. i personally believe in reincarnation simply due to the fact that there has been a lot of politically suppressed research on the subject showing overwhelming evidence in support of it.

one thing i can say for certain that happens when we die is that a ****load of dmt is released...hence the reason many people who take it for recreation feel as if they are dieing when in fact, the drug is completely safe. so safe that we experience a dmt trip every time we sleep (and why dreams are so easily mistaken for reality). how this has any relation to ghosts...well, i don't know i just thought it was interesting.

most scientists end up as very rigid thinkers. there is so much we don't know that we better stick with what we do know and chip away at science until we get to an endpoint. i do not think that way...i am so fascinated by how little we know that i tend to think anything is possible...including ghosts. i have caught a lot of **** from colleagues about this, but imo all of the great scientists in history have been big thinkers.

thanks for sharing that btw...i think most people would feel uncomfortable sharing something like that.