Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post
Yeah I had a phase where I was obsessed with near death experiences and I too think that they have influenced my opinions on the afterlife a lot.

I've toyed with reincarnation before and it's definitely a fun thing to think about but I still think that when you die you don't get instantly reincarnated. I think there is some downtime, I guess, and after a period of time you get reincarnated.

But that's a new thing I've been thinking of and I don't think I have a strong enough opinion about it to try to justify it although something like that can't really be justified.

I've read numerous times that babies can see ghosts but since they are just babies they don't have the kind of thought process to understand it. Supposedly once you hit a certain age most people stop seeing these ghosts but for some the window stays open.

Another thing I've found entertaining to toy with is fate.
ah fate...i believe in fate in a very indirect way.

now...i HATE to quote a sci fi movie...but i do really like the way it was put in the matrix:
"you've already made all the choices, now you are just here to understand them."

linear time is completely a human perception, time is actually something entirely different. this implies that everything that has happened and everything that will happen is still happening right now...hence string theory in quantum physics. that means that we DO have a fate...a fate we have made all our own, but a fate nonetheless.

i agree on the "downtime" between reincarnations thing, too