Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Davey Moore
The Great Disappearer

Me and two other guys were walking around in an abandoned biotech building on campus(This is the URI campus). We called it the Skag Factory because we imagined heroin addicts crouched around in there and acting all like Gollum. It was a place we would vandalize.

At about 3am we were screwing around in the place. All we were on, or doing was drinking, and we drank at around midnight. I say this because the first thing people ask is, oh, you guys were high. We weren't. We were pretty sober actually.

Anyway, we were about to leave when my friend Wilson said he wanted to check out one more room. So we went in there and looked around. Suddenly we heard a noise, it sounded like somebody with a high pitched voice, and distinctly human mind you, go 'woo woo woo'

We turned around and saw a disembodied face floating there. It's head looked like the scream except there was no mouth. It just floated there and we stared at it for about four seconds. It didn't go away when we looked at it or anything. It just sort of stared back.

Suddenly Wilson just ran, and so did we. We got back to Wilson's frat house and crashed in his room, we smoked. Then in the middle of the night, Wilson kept waking up suddenly. He would scratch at his face, and do all these weird things. He would essentially throw tantrums. He would say to us 'I can't control my body, but I can control my mind'

The next day he essentially ignored us and was busy working on a piece of paper. It took him like hours. Finally he came to my other friend's room(it was me, Wilson and Ralph), and showed us it was a handmade ouija board thing. It was very detailed. The numbers went up to 250.

Outside of the building, there are tree trunks and pieces of trees that were cut down. Wilson taped the ouija thing to one of the trunks and dragged it into the abandoned building. We didn't help him, it was a foolish venture.

When he came back he said he knew the name of the ghost. Her name was Rita and she died when she was little. Supposedly, she was supposed to be a doctor.

A week later, Wilson's parents pulled him out of school. He's on a leave of absence. He certifiably lost it. I saw something which I'm pretty damn sure was a ghost, and a friend of mine who I always thought was a stable guy, was driven insane.

After that me and Ralph would go back there and investigate. Surprisingly, in the room right next to where we saw the ghost, there was a tiny little fetus skeleton propped up, as like an example of human anatomy.

Once when we went back, we were on acid, and we didn't see anything but I posed the theory that perhaps ghosts are merely trapped spirits of people who couldn't accept death, because surely a small child couldn't conceive of death, coupled with the fact that perhaps the buildings one lives in and such absorb the memory of those who live there. And the appearance of ghosts is like a faint echo in the fabric of the universe where the memories come back up.

My second story is this: My mother's friend, Lori, she claims to know about all the supernatural stuff and she claims she can see spirits. A member of my mother's group of friends(Lori was also in that group), his name was Anthony, and his brother died in the Station Night Club fire in Rhode Island, the one with Great White. Anyway, for a couple of days after his death, his spirit kept showing up, or at least his voice or something. Finally she relented and told Anthony that she couldn't sleep, his brother had been appearing before her and talking to her, telling her that he wanted to be buried in his jeans and boots. Anthony, knowing Lori has a history with the whole spiritual thing, and looked around in his brother's house. Anthony found a box in his brother's closet where there was a paper that was a sort of will thing, and it said he would like to be buried in his jeans and boots. When Anthony asked his brother's wife about this, she had no idea.

I don't know exactly what's going on, but I do know that it's foolish to outright deny a phenomena that is so widespread and has so many eyewitnesses.