Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 05:48 AM   #353 (permalink)
Ghostrider
Music Addict

After reading back a few pages I can see a difference of opinion about whose votes count and even who should be allowed to vote period. If this was a special thread for Elite members only, then that should have been the outline from the very start. I think PMO has struck a good balance handling this thread so far.(Did anybody figure out what happened to the Led Zepp vote count?...just curious some people were very angry and then nothing was said about it.) I see Boo Boo is angry that some newcomers are voting without giving Yes a chance and I understand his passion for a band he really likes, but this is supposed to be for fun, certainly nothing to get angry about. No matter the outcome I still like Yes and will enjoy their unique brand of prog rock for many years to come.

If the system is changed and only posters with 500+ are allowed to decide the final MBHOF membership, then I wouldn't have participated in the first place. For the record, I abstained from voting for both Joy Division and Elliot Smith because I don't know them well enough to make a yes or no decision, and I didn't have the time to catch up. I will only vote on bands I am familiar with, or have been introduced to by MB members. So is this an Elite MB Members Only poll, or is it for all MB members to participate in up to the final selection?