Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #355 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

One thing is for certain definitive rules must be established and outlined within the next week or so. We've certainly seen the up and down sides of having everyone vote.

Right now I would say the best rules would be.

Strict Limit 250-500 posts to suggest a band to Nominate.

Anyone can vote in the preliminaries to get a band through the Nomination round (50.1% needed to advance)

Only posters who voted and posted in the Nomination round for that band may vote in the final round. That way no one brand new, or who has not followed the discussion can influence the vote. (2/3 Majority needed) Voting done by PM to PMO then made public when the results are in.

Thoughts?

I also had a thought about how often we should have induction threads and I say 4 times a year, once for each season that allows 12 weeks of voting in between inductions and should provide us with 6-10 bands to vote on in each induction thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread