Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #357 (permalink)
Ghostrider
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
One thing is for certain definitive rules must be established and outlined within the next week or so. We've certainly seen the up and down sides of having everyone vote.

Right now I would say the best rules would be.

Strict Limit 250-500 posts to suggest a band to Nominate.

Anyone can vote in the preliminaries to get a band through the Nomination round (50.1% needed to advance)

Only posters who voted and posted in the Nomination round for that band may vote in the final round. That way no one brand new, or who has not followed the discussion can influence the vote. (2/3 Majority needed) Voting done by PM to PMO then made public when the results are in.

Thoughts?

I also had a thought about how often we should have induction threads and I say 4 times a year, once for each season that allows 12 weeks of voting in between inductions and should provide us with 6-10 bands to vote on in each induction thread.
Sounds like you have given this some thought JJJ, I agree with everything you posted, especially the final vote allowing active participants to contribute right through the process. I would make one suggestion though,,,anyone 49 or over gets to nominate any band they like, regardless of number of posts, that gives me a free pass and I promise not to abuse the privilege.(We could call it the Grandfather Rule.)