Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #410 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I accept Yes's defeat, though I'm still a sad panda.

But anyone who actually votes no to King Crimson is just being an ass, well it's good to know you all haven't gone completely mad.

King Crimson are so damn good, unlike Yes they never really had any lowpoints in their career, they have so many good albums to choose from and they all have their own unique flavor. They have gone through god knows how many lineup changes but whoever's in the band it's always someone that's incredibly talented. Robert Fripp is truly one of the most innovative guitarists ever, and he's such an odd and very humble fellow too, just watch some interviews with the guy, he's like the last person you'd expect to have a rock band, let alone one like King Crimson. KC are so talented, they are such prolific musicians too, even if you don't like KC rest assured, Fripp, Belew or Levin have appeared in at least one of your favorite albums, no matter who you are, thats how highly demanded they are as session musicians.

I think they're starting work on a new album with Gavin Harrison of Porcupine Tree as their new drummer, I'm pretty psyched about it, they've never had a bad album really, their worst album is ConstruKction of Light and even it's still decent.

These guys are my number one band on LastFM too. Tough to pick a favorite, but ITCOTCK, Lizard, Red and Discipline are all way up there for me.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.