Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #1218 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
As long as I'll live I may never come across a band as colossally overrated and insanely frustrating to listen to as the Smiths. I can't pretend I've ever been a fan of jangle pop but when you hear "the best" of it and you're able to recognize how much you hate it, it's fairly safe to say you aren't going to be turned on by the rest of their music. And no matter how many times I listen to Morrissey's indistinct whine I can't get into this band.

A definite "no" from me.
first the Beatles and now the Smiths... were you dropped on your head as a baby? Repeatedly? It's not on Sam mate. You'll probably come around in a couple of years, you can quote me on that (maybe not so much on the Smiths but Morrissey's voice is not an indistinct whine )

I suppose I'd better vote yes... Hopefully we can get all the usual suspects out the way and get on with the interesting stuff like Big Black, this is like reading a 'top ten artists ever' list in some MOR music mag in WHSmith waiting for the train to 'meh'

Maybe Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Beatles etc etc should all just be included from the off so people needn't waste their time nominating them? Everyone knows those bands are getting in. Cam ahhhhn

edit: just clocked we've covered most of the predictable stuff, I was obviously absent

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her