Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM   #1354 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

I cant think of a way to really improve this at hand but I agree that so far the criteria has proven itself to be somewhat inconsistent. So far weve had members:

1)Voting yes based purely on influence, even if they dont like the artist up for nomination.

2) Voting no even though they do like the artist up for nomination because they think they werent influential enough .

3)Voting either way even though they don't know anything about the artist.

I'm just basing mine on my own personal music collection. If I like the artist I vote yes, if I don't I vote no. Regardless of how much of an influence this artist may have been. In this case I have a Chuck Berry greatest hits CD and thats it so I'm refraining from voting either way because I don't feel I know enough to even contribute towards this nomination. Surely thats better left up to members of this board who know enough to either credit or discredit the man.

Maybe taking influence into account in the future is a good idea, I dont know, I'm acknowledging that someone may be able to present a case to me about that but if were voting based mainly on how influential artists are then surely we could just write this Hall of Fame up now without even throwing it open to the boards?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust