Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #1356 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Yes but this isnt the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, its OUR Hall of Fame. We can have in it whoever we want. When we start using influence as deciding factors then surely we could just make a huge list right now of a large number of artists who are in and not even bother asking people for opinions? I dont know, it just seems to me that if thats the case then for the likes of The Beatles this was just a waste of time, may as well have just put them in and moved onto the next one. That could go for a lot of artists.

I understand people thinking the exact opposite as well however. It's clearly gonna divide opinions as to what the criteria is that we should consider. Maybe influence should be a part of it but how big a part I don't know. Too little and we start kicking out Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, The Beatles etc to put what in their place exactly? Too much and a lot of the time it barely seems worthwhile asking for anyones opinions.

As I said, I cant really offer a suggestion as the way I personally think it should be done to avoid this so I'm certainly not saying I am right or I am wrong, it's just opinion.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust