Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #1718 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

At least they are actually over there now. It's not that long since Muse records were just getting pulled and going out of print because their sales over there were so poor.

Anyway, as i've stated I don't vote based on influence or impact or any of that garbage and don't really see the point in allowing stuff like that to alter your vote, not in OUR own HOF. It's a yes from me. I didn't like Showbiz when I first heard it, then decided to watch them at V2001 and was blown away. I bought Origin of Symmetry which was released the day after, on my way home from the festival and fell in love with it. There isnt a Muse record I DONT like but OOS is by far and away their strongest record in my opinion. I've heard people criticise Matt's lyrics and thats cool, some of their stuff doesnt really focus around a strong set of lyrics I must agree but SOME of his lyrics, mainly in that one record are lyrics I really do like a lot. Their live performances blow me away, they are one of the tightest live bands i've seen and as far as very mainstream pop bands go there hasnt been many quite like Muse in this country for some time now.

I may not be as big a fan as I once was and I can criticse the band more freely than I once could but in terms of bands and albums that have had significant impact on MY music taste and the way it has evolved that I STILL respect and listen to now I think it would defeat the point of this thread to take one of my mine and vote no, now wouldnt it?

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust