Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #1881 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
No let's be fair, a lot of britpop bands have built a steady reputation of having trash talking douhebags for frontmen, Oasis weren't the only one.

Even as a Blur fan, Albarn has had his definitive assh*le moments, but at least he's talented, what the hell is Liam's excuse? And at least Jarvis is likable in his assh*le demeanor, I can't say that Earth Song incident didn't make me lol.

So I disagree about Oasis being the only jerks from that movement, but I will say they're the only ones I have a problem with.

I don't dislike britpop as much as I make out, I'm sure there were some more great bands that came out of it, but Blur were the only one of the big four I really care about, though I have some respect for Pulp and Seude too even though it's not my thing at all, they're talented musicians, Butler especially.

Britpop paved the way for a lot of music, which is mostly a good thing. But let's not forget that this is the movement that gave us f*cking Nicky Wire and Pete Doherty, so yeah, if I trash talk about britpop a lot, that's the goddamn reason.
the pigeon-chested trash-talking business was just a class thing. Blur played at being working class for a couple of albums but they never fooled anybody and there was an underlying element of class war about the whole NME 'ALL-OUT POP-O-GEDDON' nonsense. It didn't harm anybody at the end of the day (the best publicity you could ask for?) and it was entertaining to have some characters with good tunes in the charts, as opposed to gaggles of bland muppets.

PS: Elastica roolz

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her