Music Banter - View Single Post - what is so great about led zepplin?
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 03:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO
OK, I'll crap all over you, I guess. Judging by your username "MetalGod", I'll venture a guess that you're a metalhead. Led Zeppelin are not metal, which maybe a disappointment to you. From my experience something being "not metal" (especially hip-hop) tends to be a disappointment to most metalheads. They like songs that are fast and distorted, the lead singer to sound like he's coughing up a hairball with thumtacks in it, and the guitars to make really annoying sqeally noises that tend to make dogs howl and little babies cry. Alas, Led Zeppelin's music have none of the forementioned characteristics (unless you factor in Robert Plant's screaming in The Immigrant Song-hence, the exception to your distaste which you cited in your post.). they're progressive 70' rock n' roll. and they're fantastic. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Bonham, and John-Paul Jones Changed the face of music history by taking good ol' fashioned blues music and shoving it into an electrical socket to spark a new generation of music lovers and musicians, some of which you probably worship at this very moment.
also, metalgod, zeppelin incorporated so many genres into their music. folk, blues, rock, country, electronic (certainly on their latter stuff) and even traces of reggae. every member was a master of his trade. but thats enough. i cant be bothered to argue about the greatness of zeppelin. if you dont like them then its your loss.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote