Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the album format sacred?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #40 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

the album is my favorite way to listen to music. if i have one song by an artist, i will have the whole album that it is in. i can't stand having one song here and there at ALL. in fact, i know if i am going to really connect with a person musically (and subsequently, personally since music is such a big part of my life) if i scan their ipod and they have either whole albums or just radio hits.

one of my favorite albums of all time...de-loused in the comatorium by the mars volta...an album where i truly can't listen to it unless i start it from the beginning and go all the way to the end.

but yes...i feel like the album is really dieing. the interest is just not there...and even for me, since i can now have my entire music collection in one place it is easy for me to decide to switch albums after a song or two. in high school, i would bring a couple albums to school everyday and those would remain in my cd player for a while, and i would really really absorb those albums since that is all i could listen to for that day.

i kinda miss my cd player...