Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Moore View Post
She was *supposed* to be a doctor. But her life was cut short. Get it?

You're a man who has done things like acid before, have you ever had a bad trip? Have you ever seen something in front of you totally foreign, alien, that sends a paralyzing shiver up your spine, that totally upends your beliefs(before this I didn't believe in ghosts), and gives you an absolute sense of FEAR, the raw primal essence of the most base and strongest emotion? Do you know what that feels like? Your mind is no longer in control. Animal instinct is.

Think a little bit before you accuse me of being a fucking child, with your Scooby Doo analogies.
Sorry about that. I should have mentioned that I meant that second part in a general sense, although it applies to your situation.

Yea I've had a lot of bad trips. But you don't see ghosts and monsters in bad trips. At least, I don't.
I know what fear is, and I know how I respond to it. Believe me, when you're walking around in a desert in Iraq and mortar shells are exploding around you, you run and you're afraid.
I know about fight or flight. It's a life preservation mechanism. I just wonder why people always run from something they've grown up at least knowing about, and mostly knowing that it can't/probably won't hurt you, and is like the one opportunity to really get up close and experience.

I'd kill to have saw something like that. Fear or not, I don't think I would have run away. If I did, I would hope to have stopped and went back out of sheer curiosity. But since I don't see ghosts and never will, all I can do is hope someone else mans up enough to see the experience as more than just another case of someone not being able to rationalize in the face of fear.