Music Banter - View Single Post - Most underrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #709 (permalink)
storymilo
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Move here, Mr. Bungle was played on the radio station I listen to just this morning!

Where I live, Mr. Bungle, Porcupine Tree and Opeth are far from underrated. In fact they're all pretty huge and get loads of recognition and sometimes airplay from a certain radio station that I'm pretty fond of.

A band that I think are highly underrated are Australian band Karnivool. Originally a local band who I saw at a tiny bar a few years ago and had drinks with them afterwards, they are now pretty huge in Australia selling out huge shows in a matter of minutes. They've brought out two albums, both amazing in my opinion, and have worked so unbelievably hard yet still have absolutely no recognition outside Australia. In fact, I doubt anyone has ever heard of them. Which goes to show that no matter how talented or go-getting an Australian artist is, it's basically impossible for them to 'make it' unless they choose to move to the US or the UK permanently, which sucks if you ask me.

In fact I think there are tons of awesome Australian artists that are highly underrated.
I've heard of Karnivool, although it's probably been from you. I've actually been wanting to get something by them for a while.

Also, Mr. Bungle would never be played on the radio where I am... we have a couple decent stations but nothing fantastic unfortunately.
storymilo is offline   Reply With Quote