Music Banter - View Single Post - Home Recordings by DAKTARI - (an odd-ball collection)
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Hi there,

Here's one more tune to add. Normally, I'm messing around in the African/Reggae type area. For a change I tried a bit of bluegrass hill billy music. This is one called 'Sweet Heaven When I Die' originally written by Claude Grant. It was nice to try something else for a change. All recorded live in one take, mistakes included, ha,ha...

Thanks for anyone checking it out, let me know what you think.

Cheers, Gordon. SoundClick artist: Daktari - I mainly play one-man reggae usually in local bars, restaurants and private parties. Also getting in
Hi Gordon,

I'm a little behind on reading entries in the Songwriting Section and so am now finally getting to yours!

I listened to your "Sweet Heaven When I Die" and enjoyed the song, which I've never heard before. Your guitar playing is very agile and your voice warm and suited well to "bluegrass hill billy." A nice "cowboy" sort of voice, in this song. Since you said you recorded it all in one take, I am now curious how you play the guitar and use a tamborine at the same time! I felt the song sounded very sweet...just like the lyrics...so you matched the musicality well to the theme. I'll listen to your earlier songs now!

--Erica
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote