Music Banter - View Single Post - What's the sound in my headphones today?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #186 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Spirit - Future Games (A Magical Kahuna Dream) 1977

Spirit were a Psychedelic Rock band from the late 60's that produced a cult classic in 'The Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus' but by the late 70's they were a spent force and mainman Randy California put out what is basically a solo album under the spirit umbrella which still divides fans to this day but to the uninitiated is a wonderful slice of drug induced Rock music that was as original as it was unfocused.

To say that this album was made under the influence of drugs is an understatement. SF TV samples, cross fading and cutting and pasting tracks are inherent even in this pre digital age.

Tracks ranging from deep Psychedelia, Californian sunshine rock and Avant Garde ramblings all mesh together surprisingly well into an album that is as odd as it is easy on the ear. Completely unpredictable yet perfect smoking music (it was a perennial smoking favourite back in the day), Future Games is still an album that defies conventional description yet it can sit happily in your collection without having a 'difficult' tag tacked onto the cover.

A great little gem that deserves at least a listen and if 'Freakout Frog' doesn't make you chuckle then you need a humour transplant!

hmmm, well you've intrigued me jackhammer. got a link?

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote