Music Banter - View Single Post - Home Recordings by DAKTARI - (an odd-ball collection)
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Daktari
Music Addict

Location: Originally from Lancashire, England, lived near Largs, Scotland and now live in Rocky Face, Georgia

Hi there,

Here is another song that I just recorded. I first wrote this song way back to perform in my band, 'DAKTARI'. This is another one I decided to try as a one man effort and it is also good practice for using my recorder. This one has the most tracks so far and I even managed to get a little saucepan in there for some extra percussion.

By the way, Erica was asking if I had a real drum kit. Well, no, I have one real drum which is a djembe from the Ivory Coast, but the recorder I used has a built in drum machine which I am sometimes tempted to use as on this particular example. Most times I bang on my guitar a lot as in 'Send My Love To You', a reggaish track I posted above. No drums at all on that one.

This is called, 'Don't Let The World Go Down'.

SoundClick artist: Daktari - I mainly play one-man reggae usually in local bars, restaurants and private parties. Also getting in

Thanks for giving it a listen, Gordon.
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote