Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #4986 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I know Coraline isn't a movie for all tastes but I don't know how anyone could consider it a bad movie, it's a genuinely imaginative kids film and that's a rarity nowadays.

I think it's the best Non Pixar/Miyazaki animated film we've had since The Iron Giant. Selick has established himself as one of the masters of animation, his films have such a unique and beautiful look to them. Nightmare Before Christmas is still a holiday favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Not since I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas back in '93 (before the emo girls took over as its main fan base) have I seen an animated movie this magical. I expected nothing less from a movie adaption of a Neil Gaimen book and thoroughly enjoyed every second of this movie. The voice acting was top notch, Dakota Fanning is really starting to blossom into an established actress and every character in the movie felt fleshed out and interesting. I really wish I had gone to see this in theaters, however I think the next time I watch it will be on mushrooms so that may create a similar sensation.
I don't care what anyone says. Dakota Fanning is talented, and she's usually the most redeeming thing about the crap she's in, I thought she was incredibly good in I Am Sam, even if the movie itself was a mediocre schmaltz. Coraline is the first film of hers though that I'd consider above average, well besides the My Neighbor Totoro redub which is better than people say it is, I thought she was really good in it. Hmm, maybe she should do more voice acting?

One thing about Fanning is that in a lot of her films she plays a kid that's unrealistically adult like, which might not be her fault, she's always seemed unusually smart for her age. She reminds me a lot of one of my cousins when she was little.

In Coraline she did a great job of capturing the mannerisms of a spoiled, bratty little kid. She's not a little kid anymore, and yet that was hands down her most convincing performance as one. I think she has a lot of potential and I hope she seizes the opportunity for more good roles in the future.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 01-10-2010 at 12:35 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote