Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal For The World - Metal Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
zeppy111
16, so?

Band: Trinacria
Album: Travel Now Journey Infinitely
Year: 2008
Genre: Black/Ambient/Noise Metal

The band is comprismised of the heavyweight line-up of Grutle Kjellson (Enslaved), Arve “Ice Dale” Isdal (Enslaved, Audrey Horne), Iver Sandøy (Manngard, Emmerhoff & The Melancholy Babies) and Espen Lien (Barbie Bones, Slut Machine). "Travel Now Journey Infinitely," is the only release of the bands so far that I am aware of, and I for the love of metal they should definitely work on another release or two.

The record sounds much like your normal Enslaved records would, with a few twists. The guitars from Ivar and Dave are nothing out of the regular, as are those deathly, demon-like screams and howls of Grutle's who fronts the band. The one aspect that veers from the Enslaved sound is the drumming, Ivar keeps everything so out of structure that it manages to be in structure, weird eh?

"Turn Away," is the first song on the album and straight away you know exactly what you are in for, repitition, repitition and repitition. (Sounds like The Fall song) My favourite track of the album comprimising of the monotonous drum patterns, riffs and scary, estranged sounds echoing in the background.

Not to say once you have heard one, you have heard them all because that would be a terrible mistake, although the same pattern surrounds the whole album, fresh twists and around every drum beat or rif.

What more could you ask for? Maybe some dangerous women playing some crazy metal? If so, Maja and Hild, the two ladies from the Norweigan noise duo "Fe-Mail," are on hand to provide all the noise any one person could possibly handle.

Overall: 100/100

This album is most probably my favourite metal record, most certainly the best blackish/ambient album I own.

My Blog (album of the day): http://musicfromthesouth.blogspot.com

Last edited by zeppy111; 01-11-2010 at 07:47 AM.
zeppy111 is offline   Reply With Quote