Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Club
Thread: Music Club
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #187 (permalink)
Dieselboy
Music Addict

@
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
To be more specific, I don't think Jared Leto really knows what he is doing. He said this album was more electronic...I'm sorry tossing in a few synth lines behind the usual wall of power chords does not make your album electronic. Every song goes about the same way. Loud/quiet parts sometimes with some synth sometimes with some guitar building up to a big loud "emotional" part where a lot of people sing at once. Getting more singers in on the action does not make something more emotional in my opinion. It just shows how you don't know how to evoke emotion in a song by yourself.
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
The big crowd of people singing was a definite turn off for me.
On first listen, I actually thought the crowd in some of the songs was pretty cool. The first song (which I STILL think was epic ), was great because it started off with him singing softly and then building up and exploding into a big chorus of voices.

I have to admit too though, that I'm feeling like a massive noob here. It seems everyone is already familiar with this group and singer except me when I'm reading all this.

Last edited by Dieselboy; 01-12-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote