Music Banter - View Single Post - Fostex Mr-8 HD digital multi tracker question!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfie143 View Post
First of all it's great to find such a helpful forum like MusicBanter!

SO the prob I'm having is, I wanna be able to hook my fostex up to my pc via stereo out (not sure it its possible). I have to 1/4 jacks (left,right) on the recorder. On my pc I have two connections on the back of my pc: digital in and out (both RCA). I also have on the front, Left and right audio 2 connections. Is it possible to connect the stereo out on the recorder to RCA on pc? I basically would like to hook it up press record on the recorder and hear it through my speakers and record it with software. I have a condenser mic hooked up to the recorder also.
I'm really new at this, so I apologize if any of these questions are stupid!

Cheers,
Chris
Is there a specific reason you'd rather record on your computer and end up with a single, un-mixable, stereo recording rather than just recording with the multi-tracker and exporting the .WAVs into your computer to mix in your music program?

The way it seems like you're trying to do it, you may as well just sell the unit and buy a multi-channel audio interface since you're only utilizing half the multi-tracker's functionality anyway.