Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Hall Of Fame: Nominations Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:05 PM   #2219 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Time for a new player kids...

Nominated by Alfred:

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Since their formation in 1997, The Dillinger Escape Plan have been, in my opinion, one of the most groundbreaking, unique, and mind-blowing bands out there. They were a pioneering band in a ridiculously-named metal subsubgenre called "mathcore" which is an experimental, complex, variation on metalcore. Their debut album "Calculating Infinity" is now considered an experimental metal classic. After the departure of original vocalist Dimitri Minakakis, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Mike Patton collaborated in 2002 to create "Irony Is A Dead Scene", a unique Mike Patton twist on the band's original sound. In 2004, the band released "Miss Machine" (with new vocalist Greg Puciato) which saw the band incorporate many pop elements into their sound. This continued onto their 2007 (masterpiece) "Ire Works". Throughout their career The Dillinger Escape Plan has recieved wide critical acclaim for their music. The band is known for their wild and engaging live shows, powerful vocals, complex instrumentation, and experimental edge. I feel that this band deserves to be in the hall of fame because of their many artistic merits, their originality within their genre, their popularity among metal and hardcore fans, and I feel that that they are one of, if not the most deserving metal bands out there.

If you don't like one song, try another.