Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana
Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
nirvana is more than happiness or contentment though, it is pure bliss, ecstasy, it is infinite love overflowing itself. happiness and contentment are objects of desire which keep us trapped in suffering, offering only temporarily breaks from the hell our ego puts us through. that's why nirvana only means anything after we have come to terms with the futility of our existence, which consists fundamentally of chasing after things that we can't have or that don't exist (like nirvana).
I dunno man, Nirvana sells for about 10 dollars a pill here. Exists pretty good to me.
I'm kidding, but I'm not.

I agree with most of what you said though. But I think that the search for true happiness, in whatever degree, is instrumental in providing a foundation of purpose and a direction in which to move forward in your life. Without it, nothing would matter to us. If all that was left would be the search for Nirvana, then Nirvana would simply take the place of the previously sought emotional states and nothing would be different. We'd still be trapped in the same perpetual motion.

Either way, I personally believe that the journey is more valuable than the destination. To me, Nirvana would be learning how to remember that every day.

Last edited by Freebase Dali; 01-13-2010 at 11:45 PM.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote