Music Banter - View Single Post - Arabic Music
Thread: Arabic Music
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

That's what I got from Wiki:

Quote:
Ethiopiques is a series of compact discs featuring Ethiopian and Eritrean singers and musicians. Many of the Ethiopiques CDs compile various singles and albums that Amha Records, Kaifa Records, and Philips-Ethiopia released during the 1960s and 1970s in Ethiopia. Prominent singers and musicians from this era appearing on Ethiopiques releases include Alemayehu Eshete, Asnaketch Worku, Mahmoud Ahmed, Mulatu Astatke, and Tilahun Gessesse. However, some Ethiopiques releases are new recordings.
So as it seems in Eritrea, one of the official languages is Arabic, so I can see why some of the Ethiopiques songs are in this language. I'll try to check them out, maybe get some album, but I'm predicting the music would be purely African... so I'll check them out.

Any specific songs you feel I should listen to at first?
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote