Music Banter - View Single Post - Distant Music Suggestions and Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

Default Album Highlights In Bold

The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
(1993)

1./ Cherub Rock (4:58)
2./ Quiet (3:42)
3./ Today (3:20)
4./ Hummer (5:57)
5./ Rocket (4:07)
6./ Disarm (3:17)
7./ Soma (6:40)
8./ Geek USA (5:14)
9./ Mayonaise (5:49)
10./ Spaceboy (4:29)
11./ Silver**** (8:43)
12./ Sweet Sweet (1:39)
13./ Luna (3:21)

I know that many people have already spoken about this album before, it's very well known in The Smashing Pumpkins discography and arguably their best work. I still wanted to post it though. I don't think there is any other album out there that brings memories back of my childhood quite like Siamese Dream. Right from the start, with 'Cherub Rock' grinding along I get a nostalgic feeling wash over me and I start to remember good times. This was one of the very first albums that I actually brought myself too, until then I had all my albums given to me. The album produced a lot of The Smashing Pumpkins most iconic songs such as 'Today' and 'Disarm'. The first time I ever heard 'Disarm' I knew that I was hearing something special. The song is very emotional, it also got a friend of mine through a dark time he was going through. 'Mellon Collie & The Infinite Sadness' is the one Pumpkins album that everyone may remember the most. I love that album as well but for me 'Siamese Dream' is the one album I remember. I owe a lot of who I am to this album.
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote