Music Banter - View Single Post - Acoustic Guitars
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Acoustic guitars aren't like electrics, where you can look up the specs and make an informed decision, with the playtesting being something to do later. There are no pickups to compare quality of, no variations on bridges, no bolt-on vs necktrhough vs set-neck construction etc etc.

With acoustics, just about the only way to make an informed decision is to play a whole lot of them and pick the one that sounds and plays the best. You wont be just 'picking one', that makes it sound as though its an impulse buy. You'll be going into a shop and actively comparing multiple models. Its the best way of doing it.

When I bought my breedlove, I did exactly that. By the time I was finished I had 8 guitars on stands around me, all around the same pricerange, and I was sat playing the breedlove because it sounded the best by far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote