Music Banter - View Single Post - Supposing there is an afterlife
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveissucide View Post
I just personally can't stand the man.He's seen as a hero in Ireland despite the fact he was accomplished very little, was a racist, slowed down Civil Rights compared to the Presidents before and after him, the Cuban Missile Crisis was his own fault for being so unnecessarily aggressive, he was an adherent of the ridicoulous Domino Theory,and couldn't manage the economy.
before this debate requires the use of hard evidence i just want to point out that despite what his accomplishments look like on paper, he has one of the few presidencies where what truly matter are his goals and worldviews. now, i have no clue where you got the racist stuff...in fact johnson thoroughly ended a lot of civil rights movements that kennedy had attempted to set in motion. but as far as everything else goes one thing that needs to be made clear is how ineffectual and ridiculous the two party system in the US is. kennedy was a democrat surrounded by conservatives, and was criticized and fought at every turn. his own cabinet members, including the vice president, attempted to end every policy he tried to make.

kennedy was a president truly elected from what the people wanted and came out of nowhere for the republicans. and he was assassinated for it.