Music Banter - View Single Post - Which country (within the Anglosphere) makes the best music?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #263 (permalink)
4ZZZ
Forever young

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanAndSilence View Post
listen to cold chisel too. jimmy barnes has an incredible voice.
Incredibly bad voice? Not my cup of tea to be frank but still each to their own.

I will say though, that if I ever get Khe Sanh, a veritable karaoke Classic, foisted on me by either radio, TV or as background muzac in Jeans West or Gloria Jeans it will be far too soon for my own mental state. My ex wife also played that Working Class thingy far too much for my liking. Divorce was inevitable, though to digress a 2 hour continuous playing of 500 Miles by The Proclaimers may have had something to do with that. Ironically Barnsy was in fact of Scottish birth as well.

Barnsy is a form of water torture that will unfortunately water torture me until my fast approaching grave. What always did my tiny little mind over was that at the same time there was this astonishingly vibrant scene across the pond in New Zealand with some wonderful quirky pop bands on offer, The Chills, The Bats, The Bird Nest Roys, The Mutton Birds and the sublime Chris Knox to name but a few and my fellow countrymen, and ex wife, were listening to the macho screaming of the Pub Rock scene and the Barnsy's, Farnsy's and Darryl's of the world. There was a fantastic parody on all this. The song was about members of the audience yelling at the Originals band that they wanted them to do a few covers "why don't you play some Chisel, some Chisel, some Chisel, some Chisel" they sang but when the band refuses an audience member yells "arrrrrrrrrrrgh play some fucken rock n roll yas poofters" Kulture was alive and well in the burbs of Orstraya back in the 80's and 90's.

Still give credit where it is due Barnsy done some fine charity work for the homeless and that is to be commended. Now where are my Louis Tillett albums. I need to slit my wrists.