Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Quotes About Music
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
bandteacher1
Le professeur de musique

These are a few quotes from my students that have come and gone, may they rest in enternal peace and music.

In heaven there will be angels to play the music of the Lord. On Earth, we have musicians. And it sings to me like the voice of the Lord himself. Any who can make music, is holy. Adam O'Neil, Graduated: 2000, Passed Away: 9/11/2001

Music is NOT comprised of only notes and rythemes and dynamic markings and time signatures and key marks. Music is comprised of all that, and Hu, the human elemant. When somebody puts their heart and soul into and through their instrument and into the air, music touches the heart of all who hear it. What're you hearing? Sarah Tucker, Graduated: 2000, Passed away: 2008

Ha! You think you're a trumpet player?! Just because you play the notes doesn't mean you play the music. Brandon Mills, Graduated: 2007, Passed away: 2007

My cello is like another limb to me. The music flows through me into the bow, into my cello and out into the world. Music is like my crack. I just can't get enough of it. Kevin Kiley, Graduated: 1998, Passed Away: 9/11/2001

In a novel, you have to have a climax to make it interesting. Sometimes in music, the lack of a climax is the climax and makes it all the more interesting. Shannon Grant, Graduated: 1997, Passed away: 2009

But this one is my absolute favorite:

When you play, your music will always give away your heart, when words cannot. Ron Rinders, Graduated: 1999, Passed away: 2001
Home of the Firebird Marching Band
cvrhsmusic@yahoo.com

Quote:
Music is expression
bandteacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote