Music Banter - View Single Post - Dieselboy? Who's Dieselboy?!'s Journal
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dieselboy
Music Addict

The trio is called Outlandish. They represent three separate nationalities (Moroccan, Pakistani, Cuban), and two religions (Muslim and Catholic), they come together to form a single powerful unit of socially consciousness messages and amazing music. Labeled as hip-hop, they also have strong leanings into R&B and soul, as well as some world sounds. They have released quite a bit of material in the past decade, but I made this post to mention one song specifically.

The song is called Rock All Day and is one of my favorite songs of 2009. With a catchy hook and a chorus that is SO simple, but just begs to be sung along with, this is the perfect song for busting out of a bad mood or remaining in a good one. The vocals are a good mix of soulful singing, rap, and the chorus...oh that chorus. Oh, and it's also my theme song. That's right, whenever people throw that lame question at me, I'm going to answer with this tune from now on. So fitting. I think it would probably fit a few other MB'rs as well.

Outlandish - Rock All Day

Seriously, sing along with the chorus!

^If you like this, the album it comes from is called Sound of a Rebel, and is very good as a whole. If anyone wants to check that out just ask.

(Also have to up DJ Nihal's show again here. Introduces me to so much good music, like Outlandish.)
Dieselboy is offline   Reply With Quote