Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Journey into the Unknown
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Schizotypic
Souls of Sound Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
i would bold a flaming lips album for sure...but you really want to start her with at war with the mystics? yoshimi i think gives a better picture of the lips...it is definitely their masterpiece. it was that album that inspired me to get into their early nineties stuff...transmissions, hit to death, clouds taste metallic.

have you managed to listen to zaireeka? i managed to find a stereo mixdown just because i don't think i will ever have the opportunity to play all 4 cds at once...and i must say it is a brilliant album.
I've only listened to the one Flaming Lips album, all though I own them all. I listened to Soft Bulletin or something while camping once with my sister but it was more of background music and I only spun it once so it didn't get a fair chance. From what I've heard At War With The Mystics is their pop album, so I think it would be fitting to put it on a list meant to introduce someone into more bands. I was hoping with many of these artists that she would like, and then go explore their other stuff and give it the light of day- maybe even love it.

Awwsugar, definitely I will get you a link. Do you want me to pick which album I give you the link to? If not just send a PM with the name of it and I should be able to get it to you lickity splickity.
Schizotypic is offline   Reply With Quote