Music Banter - View Single Post - Screaming at the Moon
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Fast Frankie
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post

Let's call a spade, a spade, musicbanter. I'm always trying to sell tickets, put people in seats. however you might "win" here, I'm trying to do it. One thing I've realized is, reviewing single songs does not sell tickets, but today I can't help myself.

My girlfriend has been playing the new Alicia Keys albums non-stop and while its a very good album, I need my fix. I was an angry, angry 16 year old once and while he's not me any longer, he still wants his cut of furious viking music. That being said, flipping through a bunch of old mix CD's I stumbled upon one of the truely lost gems of the early 1990's.

Soundgarden's "Birth Ritual"...holy ****.

Do you know what would happen if Led Zeppelin had sex with cheesy power metal? This song would happen, and it would rise up to overthrow the anti-christ. Its that ****ing good. But lets not talk in words of abstract, lets carve this ****ing beast up.

Awesome review, it's refreshing to read something entertaining. Thank you for not being in a box!

With that said, I'm going to now put my mexican wrestler mask on and blow up some mailboxes, loving this track!